Mario - Break Up (Featured Video Of The Month)

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Jody Breeze Speaks On Solo Album


“I can’t even put it into words [how they've prepared me],” noted Breeze. “If you’re in the industry, you can really just think everything’s a-OK, because there’s a case to everything. When I first started, I was only 19 years old. I didn’t really know anything about the industry…when I came into the game, it was like coming out of high school [and] into the pros, like some LeBron James shit. By me coming where I come from and immeadiately be in the lime light, it showed me a lot because there’s more to the industry than just rapping a making songs, as far as the paper work and the business side.”Later, he added, “[Before I signed my deal with Sho Nuff,] I had never been in the studio. I never really knew anything about the industry…to get me a solo deal, I could’ve went anywhere, but they told me to do a label deal [instead] and that really fucked me up. Instead of signing me to the label, they signed Sho Nuff as a label deal, so that way, if I wanted to do anything or get something done, they had to go through Sho Nuff instead of me being signed directly to the label. That kind of fucked me up, too. Block [Russell Spencer, Block Ent. CEO] went through the same thing with Boyz N Da Hood. Instead of signing directly to Bad Boy, he started his own label and got a kick off of that…I was the centerpiece for a lot of peoples’ success, but being that I was humble and I was young and I didn’t really understand the game, I put my career on hold for these niggas.”Breeze also discussed the issue of age in the modern Hip-Hop industry. Having first began his career at the age of only 19, Breeze feels that age is irrelevant if a certain artist has a song able to set the charts on fire. While this may be good for the individual artist, Breeze sees it as sometimes detrimental to Hip-Hop.“I think the game has turned into whoever has this one song [will make it],” said the Georgia rapper. “It doesn’t really matter how old you are. If [the industry heads] feel like they can make money off of a situation, it doesn’t matter how old you are…Hip-Hop used to be like where you had to [have gone] through something for people to even listen to you. Today, it’s like you don’t even have to have done [anything] in your life to just come up with a song [and] all of a sudden you’re somebody.” "REPORT BY: HIPHOPDX"

No comments:

Post a Comment